Ayurvedic Treatment For Diabetes, Nagpur
Holistic Diabetes And Ayurveda – A Holistic Approach To Healing
Diabetes is a chronic health condition associated with increased blood glucose caused due to inadequate insulin production or body’s inefficiency to respond to insulin, Best diabetes treatment in India. Insulin is a major component of human blood released from the pancreas and functions to transport glucose to all body cells and tissues.
When the production is low or when a body does not respond to insulin, blood fails to carry glucose to different body parts and hence hamper the normal body functioning. The warning signs and symptoms include frequent urination, excessive hunger, sudden weight loss, blurred vision, dry skin, and itchiness.
Ayurveda for diabetes defines the medical condition as Madhumeha that means ‘Sweet Urine’. This indicates that when the sugar level in the blood rises above an optimal level it spills out from the body in the form of sweet urine. The condition is also known as Prameha with recognition of twenty different types in the ancient science of Ayurveda further categorized into Sadhya that means curable, Yapya that means pliable, and Asadhya that means incurable.
When it comes to Ayurvedic line of treatment, the team of experts and specialists at Parijatak masters the art of how to control diabetes naturally. The most preferred Ayurvedic herbs for diabetes include Indian gooseberry, olive oil, gingko, okra, neem, fenugreek, cinnamon, holy basil, Gymnema, turmeric, Salacia reticulate, and Eugenia jambolana.
In addition, Parijatak also provides a host of Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes that includes therapies like Panchkarma, Basti, Udavartana, Vamana & Virechana, and yoga therapy.
If diabetes is what troubling you and causing severe painful symptoms, come to parijatak and enjoy a holistic system of diabetes treatment naturally.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda is the uncontrolled rise in blood sugar level due to any kind of disorder in insulin secretion. This metabolic disorder arises from insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or lack of response of the body to insulin. Following Ayurveda and natural methods, we help to manage diabetes and the associated complications that may occur due to abnormal blood sugar level.
Diabetes is considered as a lifelong disorder by modern medical science, however, can be controlled and managed by changes in lifestyle and diet regulation, and Alternative
The system of Medicine- Yoga, Naturopathy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Home Remedy.
- Sticky and concentrated urine
- Excess glucose leads to frequent urination
- frequent hunger: to cope with high sugar, body produce insulin that leads to hunger
- Unquenchable Thirst
- Dryness and infection in the skin
- A weakness of eyesight: High Blood Pressure causes absorption of glucose that leads to change in eye lenses.
- Feeling of tiredness and weakness: Due to High Blood Pressure and irregular supply of sugar to the brain and other organs of the body.
- Delay healing of wounds: High blood sugar hinders the proper functioning of White Blood Corpuscles (WBC).
- Weight fluctuation: fat and protein metabolism may lead to weight fluctuation.
- Burning of Palms and soles
- Sweet taste to the mouth
- Drowsiness and Low sexual urge
- Anaemia, Constipation
- Hereditary & Genetics: Due to some genes transfer from parents to young ones.
- Age: > 80% of cases happen after 50 years and risk considerable rise after 65 years.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Improper nutrition, low protein and fibre intake, high intake of refined products cause diabetes.
- Obesity and Fat Distribution
- Sedentary Lifestyle: more prone to diabetes.
- Stress, Tension and worries: blamed as the preliminary factor of the disease.
- Drugs like steroids, Dilantin, alloxan, streptozocin, and thiazide diuretics are known to induce diabetes.
- Excessive Use of Alcohol
- Insulin Deficiency and resistance
- Syndromes like Down’s and Turner’s may cause permanent diabetes.
- Infection caused by Virus: i.e. Staphylococci affects the pancreas.
- Sex: commonly with an older aged male, and female with multiple pregnancies.
- Hypertension: a close relationship with hypertension/High Blood Pressure and diabetes.
- Increased cholesterol level
- Diet rich in carbohydrate and fat
- Excess intake of oil and sugar
- High blood pressure
- Removal of the pancreas by surgery
Diagnosis of Diabetes
- Fasting Plasma Glucose (FPG) test: To test pre-Diabetes and Diabetes where the patient asked not to eat anything for 8 hours. Most reliable when done in the morning.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT): To test blood glucose level after 8 hours of fast + after 2 hours of drinking glucose to diagnose diabetes and pre-diabetes.
- Random Plasma Glucose Test: When the blood glucose level of 200 mg/dL or higher, means diabetes.
- Finger Stick Blood Glucose: Rapid screening test that may be performed anywhere.
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin Test: To measure high blood sugar levels that last for 120 days.
- Physical Examination
- Urine Sugar Test
- Urine Ketones Test
- C-peptide Blood Test
Complications of Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease: Increased blood sugar narrows down blood vessels and causes a heart attack or stroke.
- Kidney Problems: High blood sugar put the kidney to work more and leads its disorders.
- Bladder Control Problems for Women
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Glucose)
- Sexual and Urologic Problems
- Stomach Nerve Damage (Gastroparesis)
- Eye diseases: diabetes narrows down retinal vein and causes Cataracts, Retinopathy and Glaucoma.
- Bone and Joint disorders
- Skin problems, digestive problems, and problems with teeth and gums.
- Infections: Increased sugar level frail the immune system and become the factors for various infections.
- Nerve Damage(Neuropathy)
- dental problems
- Skin and Foot Disease
- Diabetic Coma
Ayurvedic cure for diabetes
The Ayurvedic treatment has greater application and importance in the curing of it. Ayurvedic diabetic medicine and Ayurvedic herbs have the power to cure type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes, IDDM and NIDDM. Diabetic depression is not only common in the adult population, yet juvenile diabetes is also increasing day by day. The various components and mixtures of Ayurveda are helpful in fighting the condition.
- Juice of bitter gourd or Rose apple, Bel and Neem may be taken on an empty stomach daily. It is the best remedy for diabetes.
- Turmeric is a useful remedy for it.
- Take twice a day before lunch and dinner, the mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf + 1/2 teaspoon turmeric + 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel; control sugar in the blood thereby effective for the problem.
- 100 gm grind seeds of Methi + turmeric 50gm + white pepper along with a glass of milk if taken twice a day is a natural remedy for such patients.
- Amalaki Churna (500mg) + Turmeric Powder (500mg) + Naag Bhasma (125mg) may be taken with honey to reduce blood sugar and helps pancreatic function.
- Take a glass of water with the extract of (10 Tulsi leaves + 10 neem leaves + 10 Belpatras) in the empty stomach reduces the content of sugar in the blood.
- Copper vessel water in the morning is also useful.
- Bel leaves has an anti-diabetic characteristic, take its extract with black pepper.
- Garlic contains allicin that reduces sugar level and helps in breaking of cholesterol.
- The leaves of Jamun have the power to control the conversion of starch into sugar and a good example of Ayurvedic cure of the disorder.
- Onion has low sugar characteristics.
- The other useful herbs that are beneficial for diabetes are: Jambhul, Gurmar, Sagar gotta, Shilájit, Triphala, Gurmar Leaves, Nayantara, and Sagar gotta
- Juice of leaf of ball up to 14-28 ml. may be taken with 5 to 10 gm. of honey three times a day. It is a beneficial remedy for diabetes mellitus.
- 12 gm. powder of bastard flower may be taken with 5 to 10gm. raw sugar thrice a day. It helps to lower blood sugar.
- 14 to 28 ml. fruit juice of embolic myrobalan and the same quantity of turmeric juice to be taken thrice a day to get a positive result.
- Powder of stem of Indian Sarsaparilla-1 part + Tamala leaf -1 part+ and a root of Glycyrrhiza -1 part to be taken in 1 gm. dose with 50 to 100 ml. water twice a day.
- The decoction of equal parts of barks of white acacia + khair + nut of areca-14 to 28 ml., to be taken thrice a day.
Naturopathy for Ayurvedic Treatment For Diabetes
Diabetes is a nutritional disorder, characterized by an abnormally elevated level of blood sugar and excretion of excess glucose through urine. It results from lack of insulin which leads to abnormalities in carbohydrate metabolism as well as metabolism of protein and fat that leads to type1 diabetes and type2 diabetes. Nature cure has the power to control diabetes at the earliest.
- Mud Therapy is beneficial for hyperglycemic patients.
- Hydrotherapy: Hot and Cold Fomentation over the abdomen, Cold hip bath, Hot and cold hip bath, Wet abdomen pack, spinal bath. All these forms an important part of treatment. Enema thoroughly cleansed the colon and helps the bowel to assume normal characteristics.
- Bathing in cold water greatly increases the circulation and enhances the capacity of the muscles to utilize sugar.
- Massage Therapy helps to energize and revitalizes the whole body.
- Sun Bath: Water kept in a brown bottle and exposed to sun rays for at least 8 hours in half cup, dose twice a day after a meal is also found beneficial.
- Exercise, especially morning walk a good remedies diabetic patients
Amazing home remedies for diabetes
- Bitter gourd is the most important home remedy in controlling diabetes. Bitter gourd contains hypoglycaemic which cure type 2 diabetes and type 1 ½ cup of bitter gourd juice in the morning is one of the best remedies for it.
- Bengal gram (Chana) is good for chronic diabetes. Bengal gram shows good result in glucose tolerance and urinary excretion.
- Use bitter melon in your diet to control blood sugar level.
- Drink 1 cup of fenugreek (Methi) juice every morning to bring down glucose level. It has been found very effective in the treatment. It reduces reactive hyperglycemia, glucose, serum cholesterol and triglycerides in the patients.
- Indian gooseberry and orange contain vitamin C, quite beneficial for the patients.
- Indian gooseberry and bitter gourd juice stimulate the pancreatic cells and reduce blood sugar.
- 5 mango leaves + 1 glass of water left for overnight, drink after filter to reduce sugar level.
- Grapefruit is a splendid food for the patient.
- Take curry leaves twice a day for the good result.
- Take before lunch and dinner about ½ tsp each of ground bay leaf + turmeric + aloe vera gel; good to fight it.
- Honey + turmeric powder + dried gooseberry powder to show blood sugar level down.
- Diabetic patients should chew 4-5 Jambul fruit (Jamun) leaves in the morning and evening. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes.
- Chew 2 leaves each of Neem and Bilva to minimize the impact of the condition.
- Overnight drenched almond is also useful.
- Leaves of Basil + Neem + Belpatras + 1 glass of water help to cure it.
- Diabetic patients should take apple juice.
- Use of Garlic, Karela, Onion, Soybean, should be abundant in a diet to overcome sugar level.
- Drink more water in the morning before exercise.
- Juice of Margosa leaves is helpful in controlling it.
- String bean pod tea is an excellent natural substitute for insulin and valuable in such condition.
Diet plan for diabetes
The diet of a diabetic patient is of utmost importance. The goal of a diabetic diet is to avoid any surges in the blood glucose by maintaining ideal body weight through proper nutrition. The patients should follow three meals and three snack pattern in their diet plan. The main aim of diabetic diet is to maintain blood sugar level (70-140 mg/dl), cholesterol level (200 mg/dl ) and blood pressure (120/80 mm Hg). The diet schedule for such patient are as follows:
- Morning: Bitter gourd juice 1-2 ounce (40 ml)
- Breakfast: Skimmed Milk (250-400ml) or Buttermilk or Sprouted gram, Moong, Methi approx. 50 gm or Fresh Amla juice 50 ml
- Lunch: Roti( wheat + gram flour) 25-50 gm, green vegetables 250gm, Salad 50gm,Moong 25 gm Curd 150gm + 1 glass buttermilk
- Evening: Roasted gram 30 gm, Vegetable soup or 1 glass buttermilk
- Dinner: As in lunch but the use of curd is not advisable at night.
Best fruits for diabetes
Some of the most beneficial food for diabetic patients is given below. Some foods are also to avoid as these may cause heart disease and increase high blood pressure
- Fresh fibrous fruits and vegetables are useful.
- Soybean, Bean, Turnip, Cucumber, garlic, Lauki, Bitter gourd, Spinach, Fenugreek, Bathua, Chuckie, Amla, Jamun, Bel, cabbage, tomato and carrot.
Foods to avoid diabetes
- Fast and junk foods
- Cold drinks
- Dried fruits like badam
- Oil for cooking
Preventions for Ayurvedic Treatment For Diabetes
With the help of a regulated diet, alternative system of medicine and proper module of exercise; diabetes can be controlled and managed to a larger extent.
- Avoid sugary substances /products completely.
- Use of junk, oily, fried and fat enriched foods should be avoided.
- High fibrous food should be preferred.
- Avoid non-veg.
- Avoid ghee, Vanaspati, fine flour, smoking, chewing of Jarda and Gutka.
- Keep yourself away from stress as it is the root of many diseases.
- Frequent and excessive eating put you in danger.
- Apathy for exercise may put you in danger.
- Do healthy physical exercise along with Yoga and meditation
- Diabetic Lifestyle (Ayurveda Diabetes Treatment)
- Skip sleeping at daytime
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Take care of your ENT parts
- Follow exercise regularly
- Do Yoga
- Take extra care of your food